Clubhouse Renovations Update
At our September Board meeting, we should hopefully be finalizing plans for our proposed clubhouse renovations. We will have revised architecture drawings and have been soliciting contractor quotes. We scaled back the project to fit our budget. Our intention is to get started shortly after Labor Day.
Natural Gas Update
Note from Brian Klinger 7/29/2019
We have completed the gas main installation in phase 1 of Lake Shawnee. We also have 95% on the services installed to the homeowners who signed a contract with me. The remaining 5% of services will be installed within the next 30 days. Once your meter is installed, NJNG has completed all our work. There is now gas up to your meter. The remaining work is the responsibility of your heating contractor. Please have your contractor reference the yellow card attached to your meter. You are now ready to enjoy the savings of natural gas.
FYI- Phase 2 in Lake Shawnee will start in 2020. I will keep you posted via email and/or direct mail when we are ready to start the next phase.
Also download the explanation of the fees associated with getting gas to your house.
If you are in phase 2, 3, or 4, please contact me to sign up for the natural gas when we are starting the main installation in that phase.
To be added to Brian's email list contact him directly at BKlinger@NJNG.com
Congratulations Lake Shawnee Swim Team!
NJRLL Small Lake Champions and received the League Sportsmanship Awarded for the second year in a row.
Social Committee is always Seeking Volunteers
In order to ensure the success and continuation of next year’s events we need more volunteers to come out and lend a hand. Social Committee membership is dwindling and many of the current members have older children who are into different activities, so in an effort to keep the momentum of our Social Committee we need new people to get involved. Without increased involvement we will be forced to cancel events that we have all come to love.
A large commitment isn’t necessary. We are asking members to sign up to chair an event(s). New ideas will be welcome, we will also share experiences and help you every step of the way. Unfortunately, if we do not get at least three people to chair each event listed the event may be cancelled. So grab some friends, pick an event and let’s work together to make 2019 an exceptional year!!
Winter Carnival- Chili Contest | Bunny Brunch Easter and Egg Hunt | First Beach Movie Night & Camp Out | Friendship Candle Ceremony | Community Day | Kid’s Pirate Day; | Ice Cream Social/Bingo Night | Karaoke Night on First Beach; | Movie Night & S’mores; | Wild West Beach Party | End of Summer Beach Bash | Halloween Trunk-or-Treat Party
If you can lend a hand at any of our events it would be greatly appreciated. Please call Kristen White at 973-255-9326 Or Ruth Kuhl at 973-222-2357 if you plan on attending or if you have any questions.
New! Mindfulness Meditation with Crystal bowls at The Clubhouse
Join resident and Meditation Instructor Matthew Rosett on the first Wednesday of the month starting in April. Two classes to choose from (or come to both! 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM and 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM Please contact Matthew at 201-306-0937 or Matthewrosett@gmail.com if you have questions. No special equipment, clothes or experience is required. You may bring a yoga mat or meditation cushion if you wish. Chairs will be available as well. All you ‘need’ is an open mind. Please show up 15 minutes early to get comfortably situated.
2019 Club Events
Calendar of Events
Saturday • March 16 • 11:00am
Saturday • July 20 • 6:30am
Saturday • May 11 • 7:00pm
Saturday • May 18 • 6:30am